NIKON D90 LOW NOISE RECIPE
1. You will need a manual lens or use the trick I posted earlier.
2. Open the lens to it's widest aperture. This forces the ISO down.
3. Turn on the live view.
4. Zoom completely in with the zoom/qual button.
5. Point the camera at a white card or light colored illuminated object.
6. close the aperture click by click and evaluate the noise. (If it's noisy at the widest aperture, add more light to your scene.)
7. When noise begins to appear, stop and open the aperture until the image is noise free and press the AE-L button.
8. Zoom back out and evaluate your scene.
8. If you would like share this information with other communities, please do so by linking directly to this page. Thank you.